Click a selection below for more answers
- Contact Information
- Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 85
St. Joseph, MN 56374
- Which ensemble would be the right fit for the student?
- Sometimes, it is not clear as to which ensemble would be the right fit. Go under Ensembles to review the requirements for each ensemble. If you have questions, contact the instructor associated to the ensemble.
- How long are the rehearsals?
- Overture I is 1 hour and Overture II is 1 1/2 hours. Encore Orchestra rehearsal will be 2 1/2 hours in length. As we near the concert, the ensembles may extend the rehearsals.
- Why the Fair Share Program instead of Tuition?
- CMYO believes the program is for the community and we hope the participating families and community will financially support the program through a suggested donation or a donation that a family can afford.
Go to Policies & Forms for more info about the Fair Share Program
- Why Early Registration?
- With early registration, the directors can plan the music selections for the upcoming year. This can be very helpful when we write grants for a specific project.
- Do you have scholarships?
- Since we do not have a tuition based system, we have no need to provide scholarships to enter the program.
It is possible that CMYO will provide scholarships for other opportunities in the future.
- Do you want help from individuals, groups, families, etc?
- Absolutely! This is the communities' youth orchestra. We hope the community at large wishes to invest time and money into the program to make its mission a success .
A parent committee will be formed in the fall to assist with the planning for events and field trips.
There are several ways which people can help:
Go to Policies & Forms for more info about the Fair Share Program and Getting Involved
If you have ideas or wish to help, please use the Contact Us link.
- Where are the concert and rehearsal venues?
- Since the beginning starting in 2013, CMYO has been guests through the Paramount Theater and university channels that include St. Cloud State University and College of St. Benedict/St. John's University sponsored by the music departments. We are very grateful for their sponsorship to rehearse and perform at their facilities.
- How much are tickets?
- With the exception of special events (eg: guest artist performances), CMYO has not charged or received funds for ticket sales since the start in 2013.
P.O. Box 671
Saint Cloud, MN 56302